HR Software in India: An Overview
Almost every organization today recognizes the critical importance of its human capital. Employees are no longer seen as mere workers or staff. Instead, they are considered to be a valuable human resource, intellectual capital and/or domain experts. This vital resource drives the health, expansion and growth of the company and definitely affects the bottom-line. Hence, companies have begun to pay much more attention to such an investment. Right from the recruitment stage to retention and nurturing employees, the organization needs to consider the needs and aspirations of employees.
Human Resources departments were traditionally seen as an off-shoot or product of the industrial era, when labor – management relationships came into dispute, or during recruitment periods. In time, handling salary issues, taxation, leave management, appraisals, performance reviews, attendance and payroll were included. However, today, skill-enhancement, training, mentoring, coaching, strategic planning, capacity-building, etc have been added to the suite of services that are provided by the HR department.
Many of the tasks conducted by HR departments include routine data gathering and management. These can easily be automated, leaving the personnel free to concentrate on more complex tasks. Companies have begun to rely on specialized HR software in India to undertake these routine functions.
Some of the features that packages providing HR software in India offer are:
- Recruitment management
- Leave/attendance management
- Employee Database management
- Performance and Appraisals
- Training and Skill-enhancement planning
- Exit management
Another issue that confronts Indian companies today is that with increased globalization, the traditional work-place has been completely transformed. Virtual or remote working, global teams, flexi-time, part-time working, consultancy, cross-cultural teams, project or hour-wise work etc have replaced the 9-5 work-place. Hence, HR software in India needs to cater to the needs of a more diverse and scattered work-force.
HR software packages for Indian companies need to be:
- Compliant with current regulations vis a vis labor laws, government regulations, tax regulations etc
- Customizable, upgradable
- Internet or Intranet based
- Links to other management functions
- Safety, security and privacy assured
- Support and maintenance available
Many packages for HR software in India are module based. This makes them easy to use, upgrade and maintain. Employee self-service allows management to provide access to only the required functions. For instance, employees can input their statutory tax declarations on-line and this data can be captured and stored, thus reducing the drudgery of data entry work for HR department personnel.
Founded in 2007, Mentis is a leading HR and Payroll provider. Mentis has over 10+ years of rich experience providing products and services in HR domain. Following are the main reasons why companies prefer Mentis:
- Reliability: Mentis is highly reliable as it is a robust system which has gone through years of stabilisation
- Strong Partner network: With a strong partner network, Mentis is capable of providing additional solutions ranging from Biometric services to Payroll and Compliance outsourcing services.
- Cost: Mentis has one of the best cost to feature ratio in the industry
- Feature Rich: Mentis is feature rich HRMS. It covers all the HR processes from Employee Hiring to Exit. Modules range from attendance, leave, manufacturing, performance, feedback, training, learning, travel, recruitment, payroll, TDS, compliance, surveys, letter generation, promotion, transfers, connect, intranet and mobile apps
- Flexibility: Mentis is available both on cloud and on-premises. Our on-cloud has the highest level of customization capability in the industry